- Location: 5031 Freret St. (Uptown)
- Date Visited: February 4th, 2012 w/ L. Duxstad, J. Tivers, K. Martin & March 17th, 2012w/ J. Brosten, J. Spinuzza, K. Hoffman
- Ordered: Crawfish Dog, Sausage Dog, Alligator Sausage dog w/ wasabi, onions, ketchup, mustard, cheese, and more
- Thoughts: A very cool idea and a very cool set up. It seems to be packed often, so plan on heading to DD’s benches across the street from the small restaurant (where you order at the counter) to eat. Massive hot dogs so come hungry. We endorse wasabi as a hot dog condiment!
- An update: To our delight, on our second trip to Dat Dog with j. spinuzza, k. hoffman and j. brosten, we learned that Dat Dog is expanding! The restaurant has taken over the lot across the street- what was previously just dirt and wooden benches. Come April Fool’s Day (the owners hope) the new store front will debut with plenty of in and out door seating. The menu will remain blissfully intact, except for one addition: Dat Dog now serves beer!