- Location: 923 Decatur St (French Quarter)
- Date Visited: February 11th, 2012 w/ M. Gallagher
- Ordered: Muffaletta (famous Italian deli sandwich with olive spread)
- Thoughts: Part of the experience here is the wait. You know when you go to Central Grocery that you’ll slowly creep your way to the entrance and then through the supermarket until you finally reach the counter where C.G. has more than enough muffalettas ready to go. The stroll through the store is the coolest part: check out the huge variety of pastas, sauces, hot sauces, spices and pick something up along the way. The muffaletta is good (and definitely better here than elsewhere) but it’s all about the experience. Snake your way back out of the store and take the enormous sandwich outside to eat it with a friend or two on the river.
- Links: Central Grocery Website Yelp! UrbanSpoon Nola.com